It's been almost a year I used my pen as some of you may have noticed, I had even put a hold to my series "Adenike" (resuming soon by the way ). It was almost foreign to me officially writing again.
It wasn't a voluntary decision, although at first, I thought It was. It started with me been busy with school work, then thinking at some point that I had lost my flow of writing and then finally realising that it is the Lord who ceased my pen for a season to teach me a valuable tool that would help my writing journey.
You see, as a girl who grew up as an introvert (have learnt to manage it well), I have always had an issue with vulnerability, I was the girl who had a lot going on with her but will not say a word about it and this reflected in my writing. I had issues relating my experiences, showing my flaws. Even when the Lord wanted me to to write it down in view of impacting someone, I still wouldn't/couldn't pen that vulnerability.
I had flaws, I still have flaws, and just maybe I will still have some of these flaws for a while, I do not know, I have just decided that I will keep looking up to Jesus, who is my perfection.
In almost a year, I have gone through series of challenges, I have learnt alot, Unlearn alot and there are still a few things I am learning to unlearn.
It's I and my blog's birthday today!
In this past one year,
I have learnt that it could be very lonely and void without God, hence I have learnt never to let go of his hand.
I have learnt to take the little things that life offer and turn it into a mighty ocean. Hence I am content to create my own path.
I have learnt to value people and relationships because no man is an Island.
I have learnt to cry hard and still get up to do what I have to do.
I have learnt vulnerability with my pen.
I have learnt to appreciate my good qualities.
I have learnt to be comfortable in my own style and identity and be who God wants me to be.
I agree this year wasn't so easy but it was amazing because just as I went through fire, I also came out refined.
So, here is my 2 cent to anyone who may be reading this.
Irrespective of your present challanges,
Life is amazing.
God is amazing .
Relationships are beautiful.
You are more than what you think you are.
I can assure you that God has you in mind.
Just take it a step at a time and never give up. I took mine a step at a time holding God's hands and He did not lead me astray neither did He disappoint me. I recommend same for you too.
Cheers to my 23rd birthday😊
Kellar Usiayo.

Happy birthday Kellar and as always God has you in mind. You are safe and preserved. Much love
ReplyDeleteMama, thank you for this wonderful, honest and genuine piece. ✨
ReplyDeleteI pray God opens you up more to all He has installed in you.