Skip to main content

Creator’s Call


 Sometimes it's not just the sound we make,

Or the melody, but the impact we stake.

When I sing, it's like a journey untold,

Seeking the climax, my heart's story unfolds.


At times I find it, soaring high and free,

But sometimes it eludes, a burden to me.

There's much to pray for, me and the world at large,

Yet, often, it's us girls my prayers do charge.


I ponder, have I answered some divine call?

Or is it just a "call," the name we install?

I obey the Lord, with no need to debate,

For when I rebelled, I still followed fate's gate.


Why waste time, when time itself intervenes,

Guiding my path, my choices it screens?

I've let it lead, with no complaint or cry,

In its tender grasp, I learn and still fly high.


This is how I've coped, in the Lord's embrace,

Growing through challenges, finding my place.

With time as my guide, I trust in its flow,

In its gentle hands, I continue to grow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adéniké - Episode 4

 "What are you doing here, Nike. It's late." David blurted out. Smiling, Nike walked into the little room and made herself comfortable on the bed.  With crossed legs and poised lips, she pointed at David. "I came to keep you company."  David looked straight at her. Although her body begged for his touch, her eyes said otherwise. He thought they looked confused and this caused him to take a step backwards.  "Nike, stop walking towards me." He snapped and shifted backwards slowly.  "What is wrong with you!".  David thought of a way out of the situation but found himself struck by her beauty.  "Oh! She looks so beautiful! Her legs are so long and attractive.  Could this be the Lord presenting pleasure to me on a platter of gold? What if this is a gift from the Lord. No wonder I have been so endeared to her." Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourse...

Adéniké - Episode 5

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,"declares  the LORD. Isaiah 55:8 Once again, the gallops made Adenike bump into the dirty-looking man sitting beside her.  She had been on the road for over five hours now. Irritated, she tried to move as much as she could away from him. As if that wasn't enough, the girl in front of her wouldn't stop talking. She had been chattering for two hours non stop. She was pissed. "What the heck! Does she think she is the only one here."  Just then, she imagined pulling her hair and yelling at her to keep quiet. It was such an awful journey. She just couldn't wait to get down from the disgusting bus.  The bus soon came to a halt. Adenike highlighted from the bus, unsure of her surrounding.  She was bewildered. There were people everywhere. It seemed like a small crowded village.  Just then, a woman approached her. "Aunty, I dey sell earring, fine fine one wey go fit you. Shey make I bring...

A Girl’s Longing Flame

In La La Land, my heart did dwell, Dreaming of a love, I couldn't quite tell. In my mind, he was the one, A world of fantasies, I had spun. I gave my all, my love, my care, For in my dreams, he was always there. His silent signals, a subtle dance, Yet, I held onto hope's fragile chance. In the castle of my mind, a home we'd build, As if our fates were already sealed. But alas, reality would intervene, A truth so painful, yet unseen. He loved another, my heart did break, In tears and sorrow, I'd wake. Why did he play with my heart so dear? Those sweet kisses, now a bitter tear. I was a fool, a romantic blind, In my own world, lost in my mind. One-sided love, I couldn't see, My heartache a cruel mystery. But time has passed, wounds have healed, Now I see what was concealed. He's just like any other, no more, No special magic, like times of yore. That inexplicable pull, now a distant memory, Was it love, or just a fantasy? Not mere lust o...