When I was younger I did things that I wanted to do regardless of people’s perception.
I spoke up for things that are wrong regardless of the situation.
I boldly wrote about Christ and defended Him at every opportunity I get. So what changed?
I noticed that as I began to grow older, I began to care too much about people’s opinion, what they think, how they would react if I take a particular step. So regardless of whether I was right or not I realised that I would rather not speak than be misinterpreted or be secluded. Although I didn’t know at the time but the need to be accepted was silencing me unconsciously. I just noticed that things I would do before without thinking twice was now something I couldn’t summon the courage to do.
I lost my boldness. I lost my voice nd in the bid to always want to please everyone and not offend anyone I lost myself too.
How did I recover?
I realised that
✅ Not everyone would like you, not everyone will be your friend. Some people will dislike you for no reason other than you exist!
✅ Wanting to please everyone isn’t kindness. I remember telling myself those times that I just I want to be kind but guess what kindness doesn’t mean lack of firmness. Kindness isn’t necessary a pleaser, kindness is the heart at which you do what you do.
✅ Be you! If you love God, let the world know! If you want to speak about a certain issue please do! Never silence yourself for the fear of people because the world has never listened to the person who didn’t talk or who wasn’t bold enough to bloom or express.
✅ YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PLEASE EVERYONE. Not everyone will like you or be your friend, you have to be okay with that. Express regardless and be your first cheerleader, you’ll be amazed at the amount of people who will join you, when you remain consistent in your boldness!

Comments
Post a Comment